Anime Review : Death Note

One of the most acclaimed Anime series. Ask any Anime fan for recommendations and 99% of the time, this one is in there somewhere. I definitely had to see this one! Now that I've seen it, do I think this is the best Anime ever? Read on to find out...

This series started out really, really well. The protagonist of the story, Light Yagami, receives a 'Death Note' one day. As you can guess the mechanics of this series from the title itself, the person whose name is written in that book dies within 40 seconds and thus begins the journey towards many, often not-so-pleasant, encounters and rivalries. I was hooked right from the first episode and I wanted to go on until I reached the end. I did, but unlike most, with mixed thoughts. 

There were 3 things that annoyed me the most:

1. Too many plot-points as the series progressed that mind-fu**ed me,
2. Something happens in the middle (revealing that would be a MAJOR spoiler!) and the series goes down-hill from there. In fact, the series actually goes on for far too long after that.
3. The second opening theme that sounds unnecessarily Metal.


Everything else? Very good, actually. The characters, the voice-acting (English Dub), the animation and the dialogues all go perfectly well. The music absolutely kicks ass! Totally recommended for download.

The series actually feels like an animated Sherlock Holmes story with some supernatural elements thrown in to the mix. I must admit, there were a few instances where I got bored. However, that doesn't mean you shouldn't watch this series. But THE best Anime ever? I don't think so.

Score - 7/10

Comments

Popular Posts